Why you need to be pushing for faster page loading time!
So how fast is fast enough? Well in simple terms you need to make sure your website is fast enough for your visitors and for Google.
In 2018 Google announced a new mobile ranking algorithm called “speed update”, Google stated that the speed update will only affect the pages that deliver the slowest experience. Page loading time can have a huge impact on your business and online marketing, so below we have outlined some of the benefits you will see with faster page loads.
- Better user experience – Today’s buyers are impatient, if a customer clicks on your webpage and it takes forever to load, they are more than likely going to click back off it and go to one of your competitors. Buyers today don’t have the patience to sit around waiting for a slow website to show up, so the longer you make them wait the more interest they lose in your site.
- Affects your SEO – As Google started using site speed as a ranking signal in their algorithm, it means that it contributes to where your website shows up in the search results.
So, what is it that is affecting your website’s load time?
- Template website or custom designed website – Although the cost of a template website may be less than the cost of a customer design, the template website often comes with additional features built in that are not actually essential to your website’s success. It actually takes more time to load these extra features which in turn means slower page loading time.
- Reduce your redirects – Each time a page redirects to another page, your customers face additional time waiting, so reducing this means reducing the time they have to wait.
- Optimise images – Make sure your images are no larger than they need to be and that they are in the right format and compressed for the web.