If you’re not already familiar with Small Business Saturday, let us introduce you!
Small Business Saturday is fantastic, non-commercial campaign that celebrates UK small business success and encourages consumers all over the country to shop locally and to support all the small businesses doing wonderful things within their communities.
The event takes place annually on the first Saturday in December and is growing each year! Last year an estimated £748 million was spent on the day and is predicted to grow for 2018 as backing from local authorities is up to 87% from last year’s 80%.
We work closely with small businesses every day and we know how much they impact local communities so we’re keen to get involved and show our support! This year, we’re offering all small businesses a FREE campaign when 3 campaigns are purchased. To find out more about this superb offer, get in touch with our team!
You can find out more about the great work happening over the UK here: smallbusinesssaturdayuk.com
Marketing is a time consuming and often tricky aspect of running a business- particularly for small businesses and start-ups.
For this reason, here at SeeLocal, we have put together a few tips on how to get the most out of your marketing and how we can help you to do so.
- Be present online- Just because your product is not sold online, does not mean that a strong online presence is irrelevant to you. People are spending more and more time online now, so the place you want your business and products to be appearing is exactly there. It’s vital that you give your target audience the opportunity to learn about your products and business, and that is one place where SeeLocal can help. We specialise in reaching specific, highly targeted audiences through bespoke display ads across a series of large online networks to audiences in targeted postcodes and locations.
- Engage with your local community online- Social media is no doubt the best and most effective way to communicate to potential customers and promote your business. Getting involved with the online community by using hashtags and keeping up with trends, displaying what locals are talking about and engaging in is highly important when it comes to online activity. Potential customers often make decisions based on how engaging and active a company is on social media, so it’s vital that you are making the effort to engage as much as possible.
- Be Creative- Try and come up with different ways of communicating your message. Plan your posts for the month to get a view of what you’ll be posting and how often. Come up with competitions, weekly posts and questions to keep your followers engaged and interested.
- Encourage and push for online reviews- Ask your satisfied customers to leave reviews online; these are a great way of gaining more brand awareness. It is often only the unsatisfied customers that feel the need to leave reviews, change this by asking your customers to leave an honest review of how you did- you can then use what they say in social posts on your website to promote your service. People want to know that businesses leave customers satisfied, and makes them more likely to try the business for themselves through trust that they can deliver.
- Don’t neglect your marketing offline- although digital marketing is growing more and more popular, offline marketing can complement your online campaigns. Although they are more time consuming and less cost effective ways of gaining awareness, often people will find out about a business offline, leading to a google or social media search. However you choose to market offline, ensure you include your social media handles for people to then follow you, perhaps incorporate a hashtag to create an online buzz encouraging potential customers to then move online and become involved.
If you’re interested in starting your own campaign, contact us– we’ll be happy to help.