YouTube has been a major part of the Google network for some time now, and Google AdWords has always been a key feature within it. Adverts display before or during videos, are shown on the sides of the screen, and even questionnaires and surveys can be shown to viewers before they watch a video. Allowing ads to display online during YouTube videos has already been a highly successful new format, allowing longer video adverts and emphasising the usefulness of shorter, snappy adverts. But Google is always looking for better ways to implement their AdWords features into a video, and new features have been tested and implemented that can be a huge boost to local online advertisers such as SeeLocal.
Back in May 2015, Google began integrating their Shopping Campaign adverts into YouTube, creating a layout that meant that products included in the YouTube video were shown along the right side of the video. This was a very useful addition for brands and retailers to advertise specific products alongside their videos, but now Google has been preparing for the release of a new format of Shopping Ads on YouTube. The implementation of shopping ads below a video is a boost for local business marketing as it offers a fresh way to attract a relevant audience to your website, and an audience is more likely to make a snap purchasing decision if they know the store or website they’re buying from is local.
The more traditional style of Google Shopping adverts that people are used to are the carousal format on the search engine, but people have spotted this traditional style of shopping ad appearing below YouTube ads recently. Back in November 2016, this format was spotted by users in Denmark, with shopping ads appearing below Bruce Springsteen videos, and ads for cleats appearing under soccer cleat product reviews. The ads didn’t show for all users, and it most likely is a preliminary test being done before rolling the feature out to a larger audience. When these features are implemented, SeeLocal and other local digital marketing firms will find them very useful in reaching a more locally based audience using a very wide-reaching method. Millions of people watch YouTube videos, so the feature will reach a huge and varied audience, and this audience is more likely to make a conversion when they are attracted to the products being shown on the video itself.
Google has also implemented another shopping feature onto YouTube in the form of TrueView, allowing advertisers to show products directly from their Merchant Centre shopping feed on the YouTube video page. Once again, these adverts appear below the video itself and show off specific products related to the video being shown. Google automatically selects videos on which to feature these shopping card, depending on their title, descriptions, and various other attributes. Dynamic Remarketing has also been introduced for this feature, allowing people watching YouTube videos to see your products provided they have already visited your website before.
Youtube is one of SeeLocal’s many networks. Contact us today to find out how SeeLocal’s digital marketing platform can benefit your business.
Google AdWords is constantly evolving and changing to adapt to the modern world of marketing. Each year, new features like Enhanced Campaigns and Expanded Text Ads are implemented to try and improve the AdWords experience, and in 2017, there are a number of updates that can aid any online advertiser. SeeLocal is a local advertising company, so we have a keen interest in any updates that can improve our local online display advertising, such as the updates below:
A major theme that has gradually been moving forward is a change in how search ads are targeted. More often, search ads are more focused on a specific audience rather than on keywords, as the rise in machine learning and voice search renders keywords less vital, with digital marketing poised to focus more on semantic and contextual information to target a specific audience rather than a keyword. This will be important for SeeLocal to adapt to as keywords are a key part of our online advertisement strategy, but as we have adapted to the ever-increasing use of mobile and tablet devices for online advertising, we can also adapt to new voice and context searches.
- Google will be introducing a feature called Life Event Targeting to YouTube and Gmail, targeting people who are making searches based on huge life events such as weddings or graduations, making it easier for these people to find particular products or services that are related to the event they are facing.
- YouTube will be able to use Location Extensions similar to the ones that AdWords uses. This will be a huge help for local advertising firms such as SeeLocal as it allows a relevant audience to not only see your ad on YouTube but to also see if your business is located near them, and where it is.
- Mobile advertising is a huge industry now, but it requires grabbing the customers attention far quicker than advertising via a desktop. Literal seconds can be the difference between a click and a conversion, and Google is introducing AMP landing pages to ensure that loading times for webpages are improved, including special display ads for AMP landing pages that load up to 5 seconds faster than regular display ads.
- Google is planning to merge Google Optimise with Google AdWords, giving advertisers a method of creating new versions of their landing pages for mobile devices and applying them to their ad campaigns without any coding needed. This has the potential to be a huge improvement and offer a far easier and simpler way for SeeLocal to reach mobile customers.
- Google Attribution is a new feature being created that focuses on directly attributing conversions correctly. Rather than simply telling you how many conversions there have been, advertisers will be able to see exactly what actions led to that conversion. This will make it far easier for SeeLocal to tell you exactly where your conversions are coming from, letting us know where best to optimise the ad campaign to generate conversions and letting you know where the majority of your profits are coming from in your business.
- Google Assistant is being optimised for voice searches, allowing voice actions to lead to faster conversions and website searches. Combining mobile and voice searches may well lead to the next big boom in digital advertising, so you can be sure SeeLocal will be keeping a close eye on this as it improves and develops.
We ensure that we are up-to-date on all search engine updates, to make sure our online marketing campaigns are as efficient as possible. For more information on what we have to offer, contact us today.
Because the company (showing the ads) are using ‘retargeting’ technology to track your online behaviour, that’s why.
Essentially, online savvy businesses know you have previously visited their website and are trying to entice you back via ‘retargeting’ with relevant display ads.
In fact, did you know that (on average) 98% of people will NOT buy anything during their first visit to a website?
SeeLocal’s online retargeting ads can help bring back previous visitors – encouraging them to buy, provide contact details or stimulate another response during their next visit. Alternatively, it can also be used to promote additional products to recent online customers.
What are SeeLocal’s retargeting ads?
They will enable businesses to advertise to people who’ve visited their website on previous occasions – having made a purchase, interacted in another way or, most likely, left without taking any action. We can encourage them to return by creating engaging display ads and attractive unique landing page with tempting promotional messages. In turn, providing another opportunity to create a new customer relationship.
How does SeeLocal retargeting work?
When you create a retargeting campaign with SeeLocal, you don’t need to worry about adding tracking codes or remarketing tags to your website. We will create and drive traffic to a fully optimised and unique landing page – in turn, enabling us to track and report all actions.
Once visitors leave your website, an anonymous cookie will automatically track and follow them browsing the internet. Adverts such as banner ads can be placed on sites that they subsequently visit as a reminder to return to the desired site in order to stimulate some form of interaction.
For which businesses will SeeLocal retargeting work?
Quite simply; it will work for businesses of all shapes & sizes -independent, local, national, large, small, medium, B2C or B2B; all can utilise the full power of the internet by activating a retargeting campaign as a reminder to previous website visitors.
The best performing retargeting creative is likely to include a strong promotional offer or response mechanism (i.e. call-to-action) – eg: subscribe, buy, request more info etc. We will also design and create the ads for all SeeLocal campaigns.
Retargeting marketing campaign is valuable on various levels: often by helping to convert visitors into interested or actual customers, but also by shifting first-time purchasers into regular customers or brand advocates.
Inevitably, retargeting display ads are a very good customer conversion tool … less so for driving significant traffic.
Don’t forget – previous visitors to your website have already shown interest in your business. They are by definition lower hanging fruit than other potential customers. Retargeting them is a MUST.
Over to you!
If you would like more information on how retargeting display ads can help you, contact SeeLocal Today
Online retargeting can be a really powerful tool to help increase conversions but a lot of business owners don’t seem to know exactly what it is, how it’s different from other online marketing options or whether it would work for their business.