Google AdWords is constantly evolving and changing to adapt to the modern world of marketing. Each year, new features like Enhanced Campaigns and Expanded Text Ads are implemented to try and improve the AdWords experience, and in 2017, there are a number of updates that can aid any online advertiser. SeeLocal is a local advertising company, so we have a keen interest in any updates that can improve our local online display advertising, such as the updates below:
A major theme that has gradually been moving forward is a change in how search ads are targeted. More often, search ads are more focused on a specific audience rather than on keywords, as the rise in machine learning and voice search renders keywords less vital, with digital marketing poised to focus more on semantic and contextual information to target a specific audience rather than a keyword. This will be important for SeeLocal to adapt to as keywords are a key part of our online advertisement strategy, but as we have adapted to the ever-increasing use of mobile and tablet devices for online advertising, we can also adapt to new voice and context searches.
- Google will be introducing a feature called Life Event Targeting to YouTube and Gmail, targeting people who are making searches based on huge life events such as weddings or graduations, making it easier for these people to find particular products or services that are related to the event they are facing.
- YouTube will be able to use Location Extensions similar to the ones that AdWords uses. This will be a huge help for local advertising firms such as SeeLocal as it allows a relevant audience to not only see your ad on YouTube but to also see if your business is located near them, and where it is.
- Mobile advertising is a huge industry now, but it requires grabbing the customers attention far quicker than advertising via a desktop. Literal seconds can be the difference between a click and a conversion, and Google is introducing AMP landing pages to ensure that loading times for webpages are improved, including special display ads for AMP landing pages that load up to 5 seconds faster than regular display ads.
- Google is planning to merge Google Optimise with Google AdWords, giving advertisers a method of creating new versions of their landing pages for mobile devices and applying them to their ad campaigns without any coding needed. This has the potential to be a huge improvement and offer a far easier and simpler way for SeeLocal to reach mobile customers.
- Google Attribution is a new feature being created that focuses on directly attributing conversions correctly. Rather than simply telling you how many conversions there have been, advertisers will be able to see exactly what actions led to that conversion. This will make it far easier for SeeLocal to tell you exactly where your conversions are coming from, letting us know where best to optimise the ad campaign to generate conversions and letting you know where the majority of your profits are coming from in your business.
- Google Assistant is being optimised for voice searches, allowing voice actions to lead to faster conversions and website searches. Combining mobile and voice searches may well lead to the next big boom in digital advertising, so you can be sure SeeLocal will be keeping a close eye on this as it improves and develops.
We ensure that we are up-to-date on all search engine updates, to make sure our online marketing campaigns are as efficient as possible. For more information on what we have to offer, contact us today.